The growing climate change has led to increased exposure to UV rays from the sun that are harmful to the skin. Wearing clothing protects the skin from these harmful UV rays, significant contributors to skin diseases and sometimes skin cancer.
If you spend long hours in the sun for outdoor activities like playing a golf game or an outdoor gym class, shoulder wraps are here to your rescue. These are innovative sleeves connected to the back that protect from the sun.
This article will help you better comprehend the advantages of wearing a sun-protective shoulder wrap.
Benefits of Using Shoulder Wraps
Exposing your skin to direct sunlight can cause severe damage over the years. To prevent such damage, the use of shoulder wraps is highly recommended. Wearing a shoulder wrap helps in the following ways:
- They help prevent skin damage from direct light, like sunburn, melanoma, and skin cancer.
- Shoulder wraps are medically tested by authorities that ensure the blocking of 98% of UV rays emitted from the sun.
- It’s an excellent substitute for sunscreens that can’t always be applied every 2 hours, especially if you’re playing a sport or have to stay out in the sun for long hours.
Top Features of Shoulder Wraps
Using sun protection shoulder wraps comes with multiple features and is convenient. You can carry them around easily and put them on whenever you’re stepping out of the house.
Listed below are more reasons for you to consider buying these uber cool shoulder wraps for yourself.
Shoulder wraps are made of reliable and authentic fabric that is soft and lightweight and allows your skin to breathe freely and dry up quickly.
Perfect for Outdoor Activity
These shoulder wraps can be tied at the back, which doesn’t restrict the movements of your shoulders and arms. They’re ideal for outdoor activities, work, and sports. The fabric used in making these are spandex and polyester, ensuring flexibility.
Shoulder wraps help reduce muscle soreness and increase blood circulation that helps ease any kind of muscular pain you’re going through. They keep your skin cool and moisture-free.
Apart from being of great use, shoulder wraps are also very stylish and give a sporty look to every outfit. You can pair them with any and every outfit.
Care and Maintenance
You need to take good care of any piece of clothing for it to last long. Since shoulder wraps are polyester and spandex, they’re not very difficult to maintain. However, you ought to keep certain things in mind to help your shoulder wraps last longer.
- Make sure to not excessively stretch the wrap while wearing it and taking off as that can loosen the fit of the fabric.
- Ensure that your arms are dry before putting them on, as sweaty arms would make your skin uncomfortable underneath.
- Use a mild soap or powder to wash the fabric in cold water in a machine or by hand.
Things to Consider before Buying Shoulder Wraps
To maximise your experience and for best results, there are things you should keep in mind before deciding to buy the perfect shoulder wraps for your outdoor activity. It’s always better to go through a couple of options while choosing any piece of clothing. Here are a few things you must consider before choosing your shoulder wrap.
- Go for darker colours to ensure higher protection from UV rays and prevent them from penetrating the skin.
- Pay attention to the fabric of the shoulder wraps. Thicker fabrics ensure minimum penetration of the UV rays.
- The best fabric material to go for is spandex, polyester, and methyl microfiber. They have maximum absorption rates.
- Check for the Ultraviolet Protection Factor (UPF) that is 50+, offering 98% radiation blockage, hence protecting your skin significantly.
Having a piece of clothing that offers maximum protection from the sunlight’s harmful UV rays is a blessing! That’s what shoulder wraps are, a blessing for everyone who has to spend long hours in the sun. You can now do that without stressing about tanned or damaged arms.
Go ahead and make a fashion statement with these vibrant shoulder wraps!
Alison Lurie is a farmer of words in the field of creativity. She is an experienced independent content writer with a demonstrated history of working in the writing and editing industry. She is a multi-niche content chef who loves cooking new things.