State Bank of India (SBI) is the largest public sector bank of India for which a large number of people aim to get a job here because of the various benefits it offers. The selection for the SBI Clerk is done through two stages, Prelims and Mains exam. The candidates are required to qualify both the stages to be appointed as SBI Clerk.
The numerical ability is one of the major sections that is covered in the exam for which the candidates need to have a good command. In this article, we have shared the tips that will help you to score full marks in the SBI Clerk numerical ability section.
BYJU’S Exam Prep is one the most reliable sources that provides you with study material to make the preparation easier for you.
The candidates need to have a good understanding of the SBI Clerk Syllabus to benign their preparation for the numerical ability. They would need to know the important topics of quantitative aptitude that will be asked in the exam.
- Data Interpretation
- Number series
- Speed, Time, and Distance
- Compound Interest
- Profit and Loss
- Simple Interest
- Mixture and Allegations
- Quadratic Equations
- Time and Work
- Ratio and Proportion
The numerical ability section is 35 marks, and it is not that tough to get more than 30 marks here; all you need to do is follow some tips and study well. The below-mentioned tips will help you manage your studies well, plus you will be able to attempt the exam in an organised way-
· The first thing you need to do is check the complete SBI clerk syllabus and analyse your weak and strong points, as it is always advisable to start with the topics in which you are a little weak.
· Make sure that you clear the concepts well instead of mugging up things.
· You need to do regular practice and revision for scoring full marks in the numerical ability section.
· Plan in advance and make a study calendar. Planning and making targets help you complete the syllabus well in time.
· Keep at least one hour a day for practising numerical ability problems
· You should keep arithmetic problems for the end as they are not direct questions, and it can take a lot of time to solve them
· You can analyse your performance by solving the sample paper (SBI Clerk mock tests) and working on the lacking areas
· Keep track of the duration you are taking to solve problems and try to improve it
· You should know that easy, moderate, and difficult questions are asked in the question paper. Your expertise will lie in selecting these questions as per your skills and try to attempt them in the minimum time possible
· It is recommended to first solve Inequality Based, Simplification & Approximations, Easy Quantity Comparison Questions, and Easier Data Interpretation as they are easy and can be solved quickly.
There are some crucial points in respect to the SBI clerk exam that you should be aware of, such as-
· You will get objective-type questions except in the General English section.
· The best factor is that the medium of language is both English and Hindi
· Keep in mind that there is a negative marking for every incorrect answer; they subtract 1/4th marks for every wrong solution
· The authority decides minimum marks
· Every section has a different time limit
Now, you know well about the SBI clerk syllabus, exam pattern, and how you can score well in it. If you want to learn more about the syllabus and study material, register with Byju’s Exam Prep, as here you will get audio-video recorded lectures, exam-focused topics, notes, and articles; all of this at a single website.